Doctor Who Viewed Anew

One man journeying through 41 years of classic Doctor Who... with a few diversions along the way

Saturday, November 19, 2005

The Wages of Sin


Now that the TARDIS is working properly at last, the Doctor looks up old companion Liz Shaw and offers her a trip seeing as she never got to experience the time machine in all its glory. Together with Jo Grant, they travel back in time to Russia in 1916 only to have the TARDIS go missing after their first night there. Liz's career as a scientist draws much skepticism as there was no such role for women in that age, and Jo finds herself under the spell of the infamous Rasputin.

Okay it's been a while since I read this book; it was published in February 1999 and I read it almost immediately. I know that being vague on the plot details is a bit of a cop-out but hey Tom Baker does the same thing on just about every DVD commentary he is part of. What I do remember, though, is that David A McIntee does another great job with his attention to historical detail, and even manages to make a reference to Boney M's "Rasputin", but subtley enough to not be cliche.

And that's all I know. I'd read it again but I can't find it.

NEXT EPISODE : NIGHTDREAMERS

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home